LANSING, Mich. — State Sen. Darwin Booher today congratulated area school districts on being awarded funds from the state’s Competitive School Safety Grant Program.
“With heightened emphasis placed on strengthening safety within our schools, these grants will go a long way toward improving safe learning environments for our students and school staff,” said Booher, R-Evart. “My congratulations to all of the schools within the 35th Senate District on being selected.”
Those districts are:
- Benzie County Central Schools – $244,903
- Frankfort-Elberta Area Schools – $137,191
- Manistee Area Public Schools – $25,004
- Casman Academy, Manistee – $17,360
- Trinity Lutheran Church and School, Reed City – $25,000
- Kalkaska Public School District – $219,535
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Catholic School, Prudenville – $6,680
The Legislature dedicated $25 million within the state budget to provide grants to improve the safety and security of school buildings through the purchase of technology and equipment, and through school building safety assessments.
For more information, visit the Michigan State Police’s Grants and Community Service Division website at http://www.michigan.gov/cjgrants and click the School Safety link.